This is the last week in this rotation, so all of my final exams and assignments are scheduled through the week.
I had my black box practical exam in Stocks, Soups, & Sauces today; I drew Tomato Sauce. That was a lucky draw, since I made a batch of tomato sauce at home on Saturday (I'll post the step-by-step when I have more time). So I replicated my method from Saturday and made 3 litres of tomato sauce. I liked how the sauce turned out today....now to see how well Chef Wicki liked it. The black box practical is worth 15% of my overall mark.
Tomorrow I have a written test on sauces, group presentation on Wednesday on Espagnole sauce, and the final exam on Friday. I did the majority of the Powerpoint presentation for Wednesday and it is going to be a visually appealing, dare I say, kickass presentation.....now to get the others in my group up to speed tomorrow and we'll be in good shape.
My other course this rotation is Nutrition.....100% on my first report/presentation and 92% on my midterm exam. Coming up this week: Assignment #2 and final exam, both on Wednesday, worth a combined 55% of my final mark. I should probably get on those.
What I had for lunch today:
Soup: Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Puree
Pork Ribs
Starch: Roasted Garlic Risotto Cake
Veggies: Drunken Leeks & Ratatouille
French Bread
Coffee
(I had the dessert at break: Bread Pudding with Creme Anglaise)
In addition to my black box practical, I was on the stocks station today. Every year the Culinary Institute prepares 300 litres of PEI Potato Chowder for a minor hockey tournament. The stocks station prepares this, so I split my time between making tomato sauce and peeling and slicing buckets and buckets of potatoes.
Off to study.
Keep up the good work David! I am looking forward to tasting some of your accomplishments!!
ReplyDelete