Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Test

Another quick update since I am studying for a terminology test...might as well be a French test with all those crazy French terms. Last weekend I was explaining to John what I was up to in the kitchen and realized that I was sounding like a pretentious ass with all the French terms. What I probably looked like:



Lunch was pretty good today. Here is what I had:

French Onion Soup (again with the French; I don't usually do French Onion Soup, but my group made this and I sliced many pounds of onions for this)
Grilled Lamb Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce and Lamb Jus Lie (Lamb Jus Lie on top, Tzatziki on the side)
Starch: Lebanese Couscous
Veggies: Sautéed Corn and Broccoli Almondine
Vienna Bread
Coffee

Today in the kitchen my group made Lemony Chicken Okra Tomato Soup and Zucchini Bisque. The bisque tastes awesome, but in 16 litres of soup, we used 5 cups of butter and 10 cups of heavy cream. I think I'll skip it tomorrow since I don't want my arteries clogging during the test.

Ah yes, the test.....must go study.

1 comment: