I just returned from a charity event that Fraiche and about 10 other Vancouver Restaurants catered. It was the Brian Jessel Cabriolet Charity Gala, with special guests, Barenaked Ladies.
We served foie gras tarts (red wine & apple chutney center, bruleed, & topped with apple ginger caviar and savoury sponge toffee) and made-in-house mocha ganache chocolates topped with fleur de sel. Both were a HUGE hit with the patrons.
Tickets for this event ranged from $200 to $500.
The promotional material for the event (click to zoom):
Here is a photo of me and the garde manger chef serving at the event:
Aside from the experience of being at an event such as this, I enjoy working these events because I get to chat directly to people about the food that we are serving. Explaining to people how the sweet and savoury flavours blend together and seeing their reaction and hearing the compliments when they take a bite is very rewarding.
Off to bed....new shift in less than 8 hours.


No comments:
Post a Comment