Friday, May 13, 2011

Arrived in Vancouver

I've made it to Vancouver. I've been here a couple of days, adjusting to the time change, admiring the lush greenery, and taking Cailin on walks that have nice changes in elevation.

I contacted the executive chef at Fraiche Restaurant in West Vancouver yesterday and he told me to drop in for a visit today. While he does not have any (paid) openings at present, he invited me to do a stage anytime. (A stage is from the french term "estagiere" meaning apprentice). A stage in North America is basically a working job interview.....I go in and work for free and see if there is a good match.

So tomorrow (Saturday) I'll be heading to the restaurant to do a stage with Chef Alvarez. This should be interesting.

A link to the restaurant: http://www.fraicherestaurant.ca 

Check out the view from the dining room: http://www.fraicherestaurant.ca/gallery.php

I'll update in a few days with some new experiences.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a view!! Good luck David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is now Sunday, hope all went well in your staging!

    ReplyDelete